Administrators can upload users, students, instructors, or admins in the Mango Administrative Portal (MAP) (public library administrators cannot upload users). Templates can be found here:
- Template to Upload Users - Click HERE
- Template to Upload Students - Click HERE
- Template to Upload Instructors - Click HERE
- Template to Upload Admins - Click HERE
Please follow these guidelines:
- Password: Must be at least 8 characters long – If left blank users will choose their own passwords via activation email. If no password is provided passwords will be auto-generated and can be viewed by the administrator in the “All Users” tab.
- Group Name: Must be used with “Instructor email” column. Provide a group name to automatically add the student to a group/classroom of this name. If the group does not exist, it will be created. Requires a column named 'Instructor email' or 'Leader email' with the email address of the Instructor or Leader account to add the class to.
- Instructor Email: Required if you specify a group name. All groups must belong to exactly one instructor account. All instructor accounts must be listed on the Instructors tab.
- Categories: Comma-separated list of categories this user belongs to. Example: students, faculty, hr
When uploading groups of your users, students, instructors, or admins make sure of the following:
- Check to make sure there are no spaces in the email cell, especially before or after the email address.
- If the group already exists in the MAP, check to make sure that the group name is written exactly as it is written in the MAP.
- Check to make sure the instructor email is written correctly and that there are no spaces in the cell.
A correctly filled out Student CSV should look like the following screenshot (other templates should look similar but some columns are different):
If you have any questions, please contact your Dedicated Mango Advocate or support.