iOS (iPhone/iPad) users can experience a subscription error when trying to subscribe to Mango via the Mango iOS app: "Create Subscription Error - Cannot connect to iTunes Store" (see screenshot):
What causes this error?
This is error doesn't have anything to do with the Mango app, but with a user's iOS device. How so? The Mango app, like all other apps with subscriptions, makes a call to the iTunes/Apple store. The message is then returned by iTunes/Apple. The subscription error is produced when there is difficulty with the digital handshake between a user’s device and iTunes/Apple. To reiterate, this is not a Mango app issue. Mango does not get in the middle of this communication, we simply make the call to iTunes/Apple.
How can I solve it?
There are several things to that may result in a subscription error. Here are some things to check:
- Make sure that you are connected to high speed internet. Tap HERE to test your device's speed.
- If you are using a cellular connection, make sure to have cellular data enabled. Go to Settings -> Cellular -> Toggle ON for Mango.
- Make sure that your device's time and time zone is correct for your location.
- If you have recently installed a new version of iOS, reset your internet connection. Go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings and tap Reset to confirm. Be advised the you will need to enter all of your WiFi passwords again.
- Make sure you are not using any firewalls. If you are, please disable them.
- Make sure you are not using any third party security software. This may interfere with the handshake between Mango and iTunes/Apple. If you are using third party security software, please disable it.
- Check your In-App purchasing settings. Go to Settings-> Screen Time -> Content & Privacy Restrictions. Enable it and then disable it. If it is already enabled, make sure to set iTunes & App Store Purchases to Allow, to make sure you are not blocked from buying In-app Purchases.
- Try completely disabling the Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- Reset the password for your Apple ID.
- Restart your device and try again.
- Wait an hour or so after trying any/all of the above, and then try subscribing again.
If you have tried every single one of the above steps, yet you are still experiencing the same iOS subscription error, you can subscribe through our website. Log in at mangolanguages.com and subscribe there. Even when you subscribe via the website, you can access your subscription by logging in with the same email address on any device. So, once subscribed via the website, log out and log back in on the app.
You can also contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance. Please email us with the following information:
- What kind of iOS device you're using.
- What iOS version it is running (don't know how to find this information? Click here for help.).
- How long the error has been occurring (days, hours, weeks, etc).
- What steps you've taken to try to fix the error.